Thursday, October 28, 2010

My latest effort

A friend of mine recently took a trip to Bali and brought me back one of those big rectangles of fabric that are used as wraparound skirts. Well, they're a bit impractical to wear on a regular basis, so I altered it a bit.

Introducing: the Bali Skirt.


It's the first time I've ever worked with a zipper. I thought it was going to be terrifyingly complicated. It was actually very simple.

I admit it's better suited for summer. It doesn't look quite right with booties and a sweater. But you can bet I'll be wearing it quite a bit when the weather warms up again.

2 comments:

  1. Man, this is so good! Everything you make looks so professional. Lovely fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed, Miss! Definitely made for summer, but still very cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete