Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Illustration: Yelena Bryksenkova

I found the most amazing artist -- a young Russian-born illustrator named Yelena Bryksenkova. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but I love both the style of her art as well as the subject matter. So many of her illustrations remind me of Prague. In fact, some of her pieces are based on scenes from the Czech Republic, as well as other places in Eastern Europe.


Check out her website. Some of my favorites include "In the Flowers," "Elephant Dream," and "Ziegfeld Girls." Don't miss the Prague 2009 sketchbook.

You can buy prints at her Etsy shop. Check out this print I ordered spontaneously because I had a feeling it wouldn't be there long. It so reminds me of the kitchen in Prague.

"Kitchen" by Yelena Bryksenkova

I've been wanting to include more art in my home, but most of it is exorbitantly expensive. I really can't fork over hundreds or thousands of dollars for art. I can't really even spare $50 (but I might have to soon, because these Lost prints are amazing).

But for $10, I can put art like "Kitchen" on my walls.

4 comments:

  1. that does look just like our kitchen! i don't remember a roommate named yelena, but she had to have been there to paint such a likeness. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the art you ordered. So good to hear from you; thanks for the comment! The high ceilings, hardwood floors and tall windows make this place absolutely amazing. It makes the place so very inspiring, but we are unfortunately realizing the decorating constraints of a super tight budget. Ah!! I'm going to have to get pretty creative, so if you have any cool ideas, feel free to send them my way. Hope you and Andy are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does!! Man. I've been missing that place a lot lately. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete