Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Water, water

I try to drink lots of water, but I don't always succeed. In fact, I don't usually succeed, because most of the time, I don't think about it. Hydration doesn't cross my mind until I get super thirsty, which is usually late in the evening after a day of not drinking enough. Those days usually end with headaches.

Actually, I get headaches a lot. They're never far away, so drinking plenty of water is one of the ways I can stave them off. It's one of the variables I can control.

Just a few days ago, a friend gave me one of these stainless steel water bottles from Vessel Drinkware.

Besides the fact that it's cute, it's also very personal. For many years, I used to draw a penguin/owl/bird thing, with big eyes and little feet. It was sort of my signature or trademark, if you will, and I drew it on everything. This little penguin is reminiscent of that.

It doesn't make water taste plasticky or metallic, and it's easy to drink from. Maybe it's just because it's new, or because the penguin is cute, but I have been drinking bottle after bottle of water the last few days, effortlessly.

I do really hate having to use the bathroom a lot, though.

6 comments:

  1. its nice working so close to a starbucks, the water, just plain water that they serve is filtered something like 8 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cute! i always tell myself i'll get a bottle like that and stop buying plastic bottles. i really need to soon...

    also i saw those flower pins. kudos! i read the directions, quite carefully, and am very sure i still couldn't do anything like those. i melt when i see cute DIY things like that until i read the directions and realize i'd have to actually think about it. then i immediately fall out of love. i admire your creative persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... I may have to get myself one of those. I, too, tend to forget to drink enough water.

    xo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been on a big hydration kick lately. i love water, but i get so busy that i forget to keep drinking it. i've had the same headache problem you do since i was a little kid. my mom was constantly pumping me full of h2o when i was younger and even to this day i can't get through a summer without hearing her say, "did you drink enough water today?" but i have to pee SO MUCH when i drink "enough" water that it's enough to sour me on staying hydrated permanently. haha. i HATE having to stop what i'm doing 100 times a day to find a bathroom. boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Yanai read this blog today before we went to the store because she had us running around trying to find a nice green water bottle. Hey, works for me. I'm always telling her to drink water. As for the bathroom thing. From an observing expert, if you drink more than 8oz at a time then you are really just adding to the number of potty breaks in your day. Ideally, to lower trips, you want to drink water often but in small quantities (<4oz). Or you could just eat more food (especially salty food) but I know how you feel about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the owl/penguin thing!! :) Vectorize it and make it into a T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete