Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Listening To:

Irish singer/songwriter Lisa Hannigan's debut album, Sea Sew.


She used to sing with Damien Rice, but he gave her the boot, for which I am actually thankful, because this album makes me happy. 

Sea Sew sounds like summer to me. I listen to it and in my head, I see images of linen summer dresses, cool grass, lemonade, sunlight through the trees, and the ocean -- not necessarily because of the lyrics, but just the sound. The songs are sweet and poetic, and she has such a pretty voice.


I know it was released like two years ago, making this post a bit behind-the-times. I don't care. I'm listening to it right now and I wanted to recommend it.

Also, she really did sew her album jacket. That's a skill I admire.

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could sew tiny dice onto squares of fabric. damn my shaky fingers and lack of patience.

    ReplyDelete