Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tasty spices

This is my favorite spice company. I think it's easy to see why at first glance. Look how full that jar is!


Alchemy Spice Company is run by a young guy here in Chattanooga (it was started by someone else, but he runs it now). I did a story on the company for the magazine, and I learned about how he and a couple of his friends roast and grind their own spices, label the bottles, and then sell them locally.

These spices taste incredible because they are so fresh. I just bought this jar of Indian spices the other day and haven't used it yet, but I know from experience that the Italian spice blend is delicious. I don't think I can ever go back to any other grocery-story brand of Italian spice again.

Does that make me sound pretentious? I certainly don't mean to be. I just love food that tastes good.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your comments! it actually made me feel a little better to know that someone else thinks along the same lines. no less lazy, but still a little better. haha.
    i'll be your interesting friend and we can have get-togethers and eat our pretentious spices and do arts and crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Mediterranean blend and I love it!

    ReplyDelete