Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A fine beginning

My collection has officially begun. I couldn't help starting it. Just the fear that the books could go out of print at any moment has spurred me on.


Jane Austen seemed the perfect place to start, especially considering that I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time about a month ago. I know, I know, Gasp, How could you? etc, etc. And I haven't read Emma (though I did try when I was younger). 


My justification for waiting so long? I wanted to read a version with a cover that would enhance and reflect the beautiful story inside. I just didn't know that at the time.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a lovely beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I read P&P for the first time last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brace yourself. you won't ever read anything else that compares. ;) everything pales next to pride & prejudice. it's the bain of my existance. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those covers are enticing!

    And I will add to the confessional: I too read it about 6 months ago! We must've all received subliminal messages at the same time to read it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this post. I never read Pride and Prejudice. I saw the movie though, not horrible.

    Emma though...
    well maybe it's just me. I tend to despise marriage-plot novels (which can be blamed on a bad fiction class professor) so I steer clear of them. I acknowledge I might be missing out on something good but the hate is just so strong. Haha.

    But yes. Books. Good.

    ReplyDelete