Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Makeover: Chair Edition

Guess what I did this week? I finally reupholstered a chair!


I expected it would be a lot of work, and believe me, it was. It was my first chair -- my first upholstery, ever -- and it's got some glaring flaws if you know where to look. But I know most people won't notice. 

I've spent the past couple days gazing happily at the chair while nursing my sore arm (using a staple gun is a real workout). 



The fabric is by Jessica Jones, and it was on sale for $6.98 a yard (Remember me talking about the price of that beautiful Mod Green Pod fabric?). I spent a long time searching the internet and my local fabric store, filtering through swatches and samples looking for the perfect design. It had to match, it had to be a fun pattern but not too in-your-face, it had to match the feel and style of the chair, and it had to be affordable. That's not easy to find, and even when the fabric is in your hands, it's hard to tell if it will be a success ON the chair. 

But I am very happy with the results.

One more chair to go...

5 comments:

  1. Missy, this is amazing! You did a super good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love that fabric too -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fabric!!! and perfect for this chair, you've made an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your compliments! Chair #2 is coming soon....:D

    ReplyDelete