Monday, February 1, 2010

Elbow grease

This weekend I busted out the sandpaper and attacked the chair, because I'm going to remove the old stain, with its cheesy black spots, and re-stain it.

I got this far, and let me just say, it was like trying to break up concrete with a pencil.


I was sanding and sanding and sanding but not getting very far. And I was choking on sawdust, which is like glitter, in that it gets everywhere and will always turn up even after you've scrubbed the house.

And after all that work, I remembered that my mom has a power sander. So I think I'll be borrowing that for a while. Along with her her sewing machine, because guess what came today?


Fabric!

1 comment:

  1. This is going to look great when you are finished! I can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete