Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gutted, like a fish


Well, there it is. I have removed the layers of fabric, including the bits of hideous yellow green that were clinging to ancient staples. I have yanked and bent and pulled out those staples, hundreds of them. Staples stapled over staples. And one of my fingers is even splinted! It's hard work to grip pliers and a staple remover when you can't bend one of your fingers.

I gutted the chair while Andy watched the Colts game, and I occasionally glanced at the TV for crucial plays. And Miles spent most of his time attempting to get under the chair while I worked.

I have no idea what percentage of my work is done, but I have a feeling the staples are going to be much easier to put in than they were to get out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, Missy. A splinted finger yanking out staples. I don't think I'd have the patience, splinted finger or not. So congratulations on your progressing chair project!

    ReplyDelete