Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Puppy disappointment

I went yesterday to see the women who breed the Australian Terriers, and we had a great visit. The dogs are adorable! I love them, which makes this even harder.

I figured they might be expensive, seeing as how they come from breeders who primarily show their dogs rather than breed them for sale. And since they are an uncommon breed.

But I didn't expect this.

$1,500? Really?

I didn't say anything when they told me. I think I was too shocked to really let it sink it. But now, as I think about it, I don't know how I'll ever afford that much for a puppy - or if I should even try.

It seems exorbitant. Is that the normal cost? Does anyone know a good Australian Terrier breeder who will sell them for less? I'm not exactly rolling in dough here. I want a puppy, but I don't want to sell my kidney to get one.

2 comments:

  1. 1500?

    You should look through the paper, craigslist,et cetera. I am sure you could find a good dog much less expensively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. puppyfinder.com that's where matthew & i found our breeder. honestly, though. a pure bred is always going to be pricey. especially if it's a rare breed. $1500 is ridiculous though. buy a mut that's just as adorable for suuuuper cheap. haha. or get a schnoodle like matthew & i. SO CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete