Sunday, July 12, 2009

New puppy!

We finally got a puppy! No, not an expensive Australian Terrier, but a perfectly good (and much cheaper) substitute. He's an 11-week-old Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix. We named him Miles, after putting it to a vote on Facebook. (We had a hard time agreeing on names).



I'm taking this opportunity to write while he's napping. I try to exhaust him as often as possible, so I can have a few minutes of free time. Ugh. It's like having a child. (I'm seriously rethinking any aspirations to have actual children one day.)



We've officially had him for two whole days. And he's a total mess. Potty training is not a quick process. We're also trying to teach him not to bite and chew people, but toys instead. Thankfully my learning curve is just about as quick as his, and I think I'm finding more effective ways of teaching him. For example, stuffing his mouth with chew toys when it opens and not giving him the opportunity to get his teeth on my fingers. That works pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!!!! He is the cutest little dog ever!!!! So with the Chihuahua in him, do you think he'll stay pretty small? I'm so happy for you! Dogs are a lot of work tho. Happy potting training!

    ReplyDelete