Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I don't understand

Businesses that don't have websites. They seem upscale and popular, but they don't have websites.

It's appalling and, to me anyway, the equivalent of a shocking faux pas at a party. "You don't have a website?! Oh dear me!" And then I proceed to slink away, aghast, in search of other conversation.

Ok, I've never actually had that conversation, but that's how I envision it in my head. I want to take the owners by the shoulders and shake while saying loudly, "Idiot! You have a good business here! Don't ruin it by neglecting your online presence!"

I see this all the time at the magazine. Businesses will run print ads, but either don't have a website or don't include it in the ad. They must seriously underestimate the importance and the impact of the internet. Truth be told, if a business doesn't have a website, it makes me much less inclined to shop there. Ever.

This is 2009, not 1999! Websites are not optional anymore!

I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment