Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally

I just moved. And graduated. Last week.

I've been exhausted. Hence, no new posts. I wanted to take a picture of the messy, box-filled apartment for your enjoyment, but I'm not entirely sure where my camera is.

In the mean time, I have been dreaming about having a "tea corner" ever since Prague. There was an amazing place on Vaclavske namesti called Dobra Cajovna, which means "Good Tea Room." It's a Czech chain that has a number of tea rooms throughout the country. Anyway, it's got this great middle eastern flavor and serves every kind of tea you can imagine. The place in Prague had a number of low tables with cushions on the floor, where you would remove your shoes, sit and drink freshly brewed tea from pots sitting above candles to keep them warm. Andy and I went there all the time.

I couldn't find a good picture of the place in Prague, but here's a picture of one in Brno. You can see the low tables with the cushions. The place in Prague looked similar, though there were tapestries on the wall.



Anyway, I've been dying to find an exotic-looking low table and cushions so I can make my own tea place in my house. The cushions are pretty easy to find. The tables, not so much. I found this cool thing in World Market today, but it's way above my budget.



I guess I'll keep looking. Not like I have any place to put a tea corner anyway with all these boxes in the way.

1 comment:

  1. Tea is great. I really love this tea Lauren gets called dragon phoenix pearls or something. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete