Saturday, April 4, 2009

Victory garden

I have plants - and they're actually growing. Here's proof:



Cilantro, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, jalapenos, and basil. They had a nice time today on my back porch in the 70+ degree weather. I'll admit, some of the cilantro is very wilty, and the basil is struggling. But the zucchini is doing well. In fact, the two zucchini plants seem to be struggling for domination. Natural selection in action. They've been brawling for the past few days. I'm going to have to do something about that. I think a transplant is in order for one of them. Either that or a termination. But which one?



And here's a nice shot of some of the stronger cilantro. My cilantro seedlings are practically dead, so I bought a couple of little plants, which is why the cilantro is so much bigger than the other plants (other than the zucchini). I'm thinking something Thai or something Mexican is in order...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I want herbs! And veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilantro is amazing!!!!! If only I had a back porch. Perhaps I'd have cute little plants too....

    ReplyDelete