Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My new obsession

I love books. And I love arts and crafts. And I love just doing things for yourself.

I fallen in love with Rebound Designs. The creator, Caitlin Phillips, makes purses out of old books that would have been thrown out. What an idea! Why didn't anyone think of this before?

If you're confused, take a look at these photos from the website:







There are books for everyone - classic literature, obscure titles, retro school textbooks. My personal favorite:



Unfortunately, a lot of the good ones are already sold. And at $125 and up, they're a bit pricey for my budget. So I can only daydream.

Seriously, check them out.

3 comments:

  1. I'd make you something similar for 62.50 + shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...laughing at Robbie's comment. but seriously, this is a really neat idea - combining two of your great loves, books and purses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we say quintessential gift for your favorite librarian? :)

    ReplyDelete