Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maybe this will be easier to remember than canvas grocery bags

FreeRice is fun, but impractical (other than expanding your vocabulary).

Reusable canvas grocery bags are fantastic, but I forget to bring them with me to the store (I'm trying to remind myself more, especially now that I have a really cool looking one from Publix).

But now, all you have to do is search the internet and save the world!



Hoongle is a search engine powered by Google. Every time you search a term, they donate 20 grains of rice to the UN food program. Now, 20 grains of rice doesn't seem like much to me, but I guess it adds up. Every little bit counts, right?

Now let's see if I can remember to use it...

1 comment:

  1. i went shopping with amanda the other week and i found it funny that after the second or third store she ended up putting the bags of stuff she bought inside the reusable canvas one she brought with her. kinda defeated the purpose. :( maybe she just wasn't thinkin. but i'm glad to see you're "trying" to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete