Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Interesting...

Normally I'm not a proponent of any kind of diet plans/pills/substances or anything related to those. Especially the ones that claim you can "Eat anything you want and still lose weight!!!"

And I'm also not a fan of the kinds of diets that try to deprive you of things like, say, grains or vegetables or something. Fresh nutrients are important, as is a balanced diet. Granted, I'm not the example of perfection on this issue, but that's what my ideals are, anyway.

So it was a surprise to me when I found an article on something called Sensa Tastants, and actually thought it sounded plausible. Basically, these are some sort of compounds (not sure yet what exactly) that you sprinkle on food and then you can eat anything you want and still lose weight!!!

No really, they work by stimulating your sense of taste and acting on the part of the brain that makes you feel full. So you can eat anything you want (though you should eat healthier things, of course), and your weight will improve because you'll naturally eat less. You'll eat less because you'll feel full faster because these little sprinkles made your brain think you were full. The scientist who developed them supposedly spent 25 years researching this.

My first thought was: really? And my second thought was: hmm, interesting. And my third thought was: well, I guess that makes sense, right?

I'm not touting this as a miracle diet. I'm sure it doesn't work on everyone all the time as well as they claim, but still, it's interesting to think about.

But it costs money, so I suppose the best alternative would just be to eat less of everything naturally without little sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment